Dr. David M. Kristal is a native of Milwaukee, Wisconsin. Following high school, he attended Northwestern University where he received a Bachelor of Arts Degree. He received his Doctor of Dental Surgery Degree (D.D.S.) from Case Western Reserve University in 1975.
After spending one year doing a general practice residency in Youngstown, Ohio at St. Elizabeth’s Hospital, Dr. Kristal moved outside of New York City and received his orthodontic degree from Fairleigh Dickinson University. Dr. Kristal then moved to Columbus, Ohio and has been practicing orthodontics since June of 1978.
Dr. Kristal is a member of:
- The American Association of Orthodontics
- The International Federation of Orthodontics
- Great Lakes Association of Orthodontics
- The American Dental Association
- The Columbus Dental Society and Ohio Dental Association
- The Alpha Omega Fraternity
- Fairleigh Dickinson Orthodontic Alumni Association
- The Ohio State University Orthodontic Alumni Association
Dr. Kristal has been married to his wife, Barbie, for over thirty years. Barbie also holds a degree from Northwestern University and a Master’s degree in English Literature. She currently volunteers at the Franklin County Board of Mental Retardation and is also a volunteer at the Ohio State University Primate Center.
Barbie and David have one daughter, Stephanie, who is a graduate of Smith College. She also holds a Master’s degree in higher administration from the University of Maryland and a law degree from The University of Florida.
When Dr. Kristal isn’t busy making beautiful smiles, he enjoys working in his yard, motor sports, and jogging.